Lake Tahoe Calendar - Lake Tahoe Events - Lake Tahoe Activities
Lake Tahoe Activities
- January - Snow, snow, and more snow. New year's week usually packs the crowds.
Martin Luther King weekend draws tourists from everywhere for this three day holiday weekend.
- February - Start your month at a Super Bowl party in Tahoe. President's day is a
big draw. End your month with the start of the Snow Festival.
- March - Snow Festival anyone? Winter activities abound.
- April - Easter weekend marks the end of ski operations for many area ski resorts.
Cold nights and warm days generate our world famous Corn Snow.
- May - Looking for late season skiing? Lake Tahoe boasts one of the longest ski
seasons - anywhere! Ski in the AM, golf and boat in the PM.
- June - Transition into spring? More winter? Or the start of summer? Hard to
- July - The fourth of July marks the beginning of the summer tourist season.
- August - Hot August nights, arguably the height of summer tourist season as many
families plan one of more weeks of their summer vacation in Lake Tahoe.
- September - Summer without the crowds. Often dubbed, the local's summer. Glass on
the lake? You got it.
- October- Winter rain and snow usually starts on Halloween.
- November - Thanksgiving Day is the traditional opening day for the majority of
Tahoe's ski resorts. Limited operations supported by snow making, if required.
- December - Marks the beginning of weekend ski trips for many from the Bay area.
With help from the snow Gods, Christmas week (Dec 25 - Jan 1) is usually our busiest week of the season.
Lake Tahoe Calendars